Who are we?
Data Controller: Vista Stationary and Print Ltd (trading as Carousel Calendars)
Company number: 05900471
Data Protection Registration number: Z3446354
Telephone: 01392 826 482
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you contact us by any means with queries or complaints
- When you enter prize draws, competitions or surveys
- When you comment or review one of our products
- When you fill in any forms
What personal information do we collect?
We only hold the information that is absolutely necessary to make sure our service is the best it can be.
- Details of your interactions with us through contact forms and email from this website
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information such as your ip address, device type and, the web pages viewed during your visit. We use google analytics to track all of the visitor information so that we can make sure our service is operating properly and so we can plan capacity the website. We also store ip addresses in the website logs for protecting against denial of service attacks, fraud and other illegitimate.
- Your email address and name and any other personal details you may have entered in your correspondence with us.
How and why do we use your personal data?
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
How we protect your personal data:
- We know how much data security matters to all our customers and partners. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
How long do we hold your data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We generally only use your data internally within our business however, there may be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties in order to fulfil our obligations to you for example sending you a letter or calendar that you have purchased from us. All of your data is stored in the UK.
What are your rights?
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) you have several new rights in relation to the data we store about you:
- The right to access what information we have stored about you. You can issue a subject access request by emailing GDPR@carouselcalendars.co.uk or contact us using the contact information at the beginning of this privacy notice.
- The right to be forgotten and have your information removed from our systems.
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate.
- The right to portability so that you can reuse your personal information for your own purposes including porting to another service provider.
- The right to withdraw consent to receiving direct marketing messages (see more below) and other consent based processing at any time.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator. In the United Kingdom this is the Information Commissioners Office or ICO for short.
You can read more about your rights and GDPR here: https://ico.org.uk
Some of the information stored is put there by other companies whose software we have added to the site, and this can also impact your experience of other websites you may visit after leaving ours. If you want to learn more about the general uses of cookies, including how to stop them being stored by your computer, please visit Cookiepedia - all about cookies.
Below is a list of the different types of cookies used on this site and an explanation of what they are used for. If you continue to use this site without taking action to prevent the storage of this information, you are effectively agreeing to this use.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as logging in or filling in forms.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will then not work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so that we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
All of the information that these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.